Monday, March 7, 2011

California Grill, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Walt Disney World, Orlando

7/03/2010

I love sushi. I wanted to eat at the California Grill to try some of the highly-recommended sushi selections. We had a reservation for 3 this evening, but then Lauren and Neil decided to go to the Magic Kingdom for the extra magic hours (open until 2 a.m.!). I didn't want to miss out on this dining experience, especially since I had made our reservation months in advance for 8:30 p.m. to coincide with the evening's fireworks display at the Magic Kingdom, which can be seen from the restaurant, so I dined solo. I've never done this at a nice restaurant before and felt a little bit strange eating alone, but I'm glad I did.

I arrived at the Contemporary Resort and checked in on the first floor, then was taken on the elevator to the upper floor where the California Grill is located. I only waited five minutes until my beeper buzzed. I was seated in the second row next to the large floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Magic Kingdom. My server arrived quickly with bread and a glass of water with lemon. He had been very attentive and friendly, but after I told him I only was going to be ordering sushi he got busy with other tables that were going to be ordering more food - and tipping more! No big deal, I am pretty low-maintenance. I ordered the spicy kazan roll ($22.00).  It was absolutely delicious - the best sushi I've had. The menu description is crab, shrimp, bay scallops, tuna, and fireball sauce. It was so flavorful. The fireball sauce was slightly spicy, and the bay scallops were the best part - nice and sweet and perfect. I loved this so much!



As I was enjoying my sushi the fireworks began, and it was really great to see them without bumping up against all the people crowded into the Magic Kingdom.

Overall rating: Excellent

Would you return: Absolutely

No comments:

Post a Comment