Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Moonlite Bar-B-Q, Owensboro, KY

9/18/2010

Moonlite is known for its mutton barbecue and for burgoo stew, also made with mutton. I don't go for mutton, but the buffet has a lot of other offerings, so I thought I would be able to find something to my liking.



The lunch buffet is served from 11-2 ($9.99) and includes a salad bar with the basics: lettuce, dressings, toppings, a few pasta and vegetable salads; burgoo; amazing corn bread; hot items like baked beans, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, pulled pork, mutton, chicken; and desserts.

I wasn't impressed with many of the offerings. The corn bread was amazing and was my favorite item along with the pork barbecue. The dessert offerings were skimpy for a buffet - only a few different items were available.

Another thing that bothered me at this restaurant was a sign on the buffet reminding customers to eat what they take so the management wouldn't have to raise prices due to food waste. I find negative signage to be a real turn-off at a business and that just rubbed me the wrong way.

Overall rating: Not a fan, especially because of the skimpy dessert offerings
Would you return: Yes, to try dinner and see if it's better

No comments:

Post a Comment