Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jasmine Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar, Paducah, KY

9/18/2010

We went to Jasmine for lunch because 1) I love Thai food and 2) I had heard that they had good sushi. The restaurant did not disappoint on either front.


The location in a strip mall doesn't seem very inviting, but once inside, the feel is that of a classy restaurant. The decor is very dark and polished and sleek - really nice. There is an open sushi bar where you can watch the chefs prepare your order.






We started with the crunch shrimp roll ($7.99). This was excellent - I wish I had it all to myself! It was shrimp and avocado on the inside, sesame seeds, masago, and crunchies on the outside, topped with eel sauce.



We all ordered from the lunch specials menu, so our items came with a salad. The salad was nice, but the dressing wasn't good - I thought it would be more like the dressing at a Japanese restaurant (don't know why??) but it wasn't to my liking - too gingery. There were other dressings available (Lauren had plain old ranch) so I would get a different dressing next time.


I had the red coconut curry ($8.99) with bamboo shoots, basil, and bell peppers served with white rice. It was nice and spicy and really good.



Lauren ordered the orange chicken, which came with broccoli ($9.99). It wasn't exactly as she expected it to be. It was more like chicken strips rather than smaller pieces, but she liked it.



Neil ordered the stir-fried chicken with cashew nuts, carrots, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and celery. This was also very tasty.





Overall rating: Excellent: great food, nicely plated, and a pretty restaurant
Would you return: Definitely

No comments:

Post a Comment